Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dream Journal: Zombies

I so rarely remember anything about my dreams that I feel compelled to mention the stuff I do remember.

Last night's dream went like this:

Most of the world was turned into zombies. Not shambling undead thirsting for "braaaiiiinssss"; these zombies looked like people and moved like people except for 1) they relentlessly tried to infect the un-infected, 2) could infect you simply by touching you, and 3) the irises of their eyes were completely black. They did not seem to have high thinking, just ran around in search of the un-infected.

So the few survivors that my group was aware of were holed up in my paternal grandmother's house. In real life she is deceased, and the house in my dream was not her actual house, but according to dream logic it was and had always been her house. In short it felt like her house even though the floor plan and decorations were different.

So this group was only a handful of people, I wanna say eight but definitely less than twelve. We had some kind of barricade around the house. We also had a bunch of round black pellets, about the size of a coffee bean, that when you threw one at a zombie, it burst into a small thin black cloud roughly as big around as a basketball. The struck zombie would then fall over dead. No blood or explosion or anything, just kind of collapse and become inert. Part of the dream involved me defending the barricade but no more that five or six zombies would approach at a time.

I don't remember who was in my group specifically except my grandmother was one, and one was an amalgam of my son Jonah and my brother Daniel about the age of three or four. I remember having a conversation with one of the guys in the group who was having a spat with one of the girls, and explaining to him (from an authority position) that he had to make up because for all we knew this was it and nobody else was alive so we had all damn well better get along. This conversation implied that, while it hadn't happened yet, the group was going to have to split up into mating pairs at some point.

Then my grandmother had a big meal laid out on a table in the kitchen with a large bird (turkey?) as the main course, and we all sat at the table to eat. I remember thinking that Jonah/Daniel was asleep in his bed at that time. There was a new girl who had recently found the sanctuary of our group and she complained about the meal and I thought "really? The world may have ended and your complaining about a huge thanksgiving-esque meal?"

This dream had a yellow feel, and the events were tinted yellow. A good portion of it I had an observational view, i.e. I did not see through my eyes but saw it as a really intimate small theater stage view, though there were portions that were first person perspective.

And those are the details that I can remember about my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment